Lately, it seems, I wake to a daily dose of continued bad news, concerns, and worries. So this morning I challenged myself to record five positive outcomes from living in today’s pandemic world.
- A renewed appreciation for the beauty found in nature. Is it my imagination, or have colors been more vibrant, blooms more full this spring and summer? Was it just coincidence that I stopped what I was doing to watch the hummingbird for the full time she visited the feeder, then waited for her return?
- A feeling of interconnectedness. Somehow it’s comforting to know that we are not alone, that the whole world is experiencing this enemy. And although so many, many people are suffering, we can take comfort in knowing that many are also finding ways to reinvent things in order to survive. Let us learn together.
- Call to action. There are so many who are working tirelessly for the greater good, but every small act contributes.
- Deepening sense of responsibility to a larger community. I know in the past months I have reached out and touched base with many friends I hadn’t connected with in some time.
- Creative thinking. Now, more than ever, we need to look for new ways to think outside the box.
Many of the above are related since one idea naturally led to another. But somehow, delaying the morning news and starting the day on a positive note made a difference for me today. Now I think I’ll go see if that hummingbird invited some friends.